Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Week 5...where did the time go?

Looking at my parents talk to me...
This is the best shot of a smile that I have gotten so far...I will keep trying!!!

Hello everyone I know that you will probably not see this until Monday but Mary Morgan is sleeping, the laundry is caught up and my house is half way clean so I have a minute to post. YAY!!!
This week has been fun. Her tummy is feeling better now that we have gas drops and Zantac for reflux. Thank goodness for this stuff!!!! We have actually backed way off the gas drops and she seems to be doing well. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!
She is sooo much fun in the mornings after her first feeding. She wants to talk and just smile and coo. She has started making some noises...She is her happiest after her first feeding and after her 7:30PM feeding. This is when we just stare at her and talk to her and if anyone could hear us you would be laughing your butts off!!! I have been trying to capture a smile on camera but that has been a chore!! I will keep trying...
I can not belive that she is going to be 6 weeks old on Monday!!! WOW seems like yesterday they put her in my arms for the first time. She is growing so fast and changing everyday. She is going to be a big girl in no time going to Kindergarten. I am going to cry just thinking about it.
UPDATE ON POP~!!!! This week Mary Morgan and I went out and spent the day with POP, Morgan's dad...he seems to be doing better and getting his strength back!!! Hang in there pop you will be back to normal in no time...We love you!!!!
QUESTIONS TO OTHER MOMS!!!!!
OK- let me start by thanking Leslie Petro for all the help...I could not have done this without your help and encouragement!!!!
Other moms please feel free to give advice and helpful hints...thanks in advance.....
Getting her adjusted to her crib and out of the cradle in our room----ok this has been hard....I have been letting her take naps in her crib. The second hardest thing I have done so far is let her cry....She is soooo spoiled to my arms or any ones arms I should say!!! I am trying to get to where I can put her in her bed and she will go to sleep. She will stay for a second and then start screaming. I know that she has a full tummy and dry diaper. So I let her cry and as I let her cry the tears are swelling in my eyes!!! Ok so the 15 minutes go by and I calm her and she is fine!!! Not a peep once she is in my arms...so she is fine I keep telling myself....Put her back down and here she goes again. The times that I have attempted this task she cries until it is time to nurse again and so I have lost the battle she gets picked up and she did not go to sleep in her crib like I wanted her to...Help if you can!!!!
Also I am trying to put her in her swing from about 6 or 6:30 until her 7:30pm so that I can get dinner ready, eat, and get some things done around the house...This is her fussy time of the day...after her 4:30 feeding until she falls asleep before her 7:30 feeding... Ok so I put her down she is fine for about 5-7 minutes and she begins to sing to me very loudly!!!! I just let her cry and she has fallen asleep 2 times...YEA!!!! But again I hate to hear her cry!!!!
Nursing---did any of you moms have days where your baby would only nurse for about 8-10 minutes total but be content until the next feeding. She did this to me the other day and scared me to death...again just want to see if anyone else has experienced this.
Basically I just want to hear over and over the let her cry it out and she will be fine!!!
I am telling all of this because I just want to hear what other moms have to say...I know that she will be fine to cry but any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!

I hope that you all have a great weekend and week!!! We love you all!!!
Jennye Lynne

2 comments:

Michael and Crissie said...

I don't know about the feeding, but letting them cry is so hard. It does work though. Try letting her cry a little bit longer each time. We had to go about 20 minutes before he settled down, but he learned quick. I cried the whole time, too. Try playing music in her room. When I am trying to make dinner, I put Baby Einstein on where he is playing. It will keep him entertained so I can get stuff done I need to. I also have to put him in the kitchen with me sometimes. I have no clue about the feeding. These may not work for you, but it may give you some new ideas. Call me later!

Anonymous said...

You know what my advice is....Let her cry! I agree that it's the one of the hardest things I've ever had to do (seriously), but the benefits WAY MORE outweigh the costs (of hearing her cry)if you can hang in there! And yes, both of my boys varied day to day with how much and long they nursed....She'll let you know when she's hungry (well, at least mine did:-) I think that's pretty normal for most babies to vary in their feedings like that.

BTW, did Morgan give you the present for Mary Morgan?? Just makes me nervous it going through 2 male hands (Morgan and Chandler) before getting into yours :-) If it's MIA,just look in Morgan's truck (that's where I find a lot of missing stuff around our house)
I don't think I've ever given you my blog address its raganoswalt.blogspot.com in case you're interested in taking a look!