Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We Made it!!!! First night in her room.. ALONE =(

This is were we started the task of sleeping in her crib in her room for the first time....with a nice bath!
These are pictures of how I found her this morning waiting for me to get her!!!
Looks happy and rested to me!
She was happy to see me I think!
Look I am showing off my legs for you! How she wiggled her way down there I will never know...but hey whatever!!!

Well I know that you are all wondering if we have gotten her thru the night in her crib??? The answer is YES!!! Ok I have to admit that I paced and paced!!! We started out with a nice relaxing bath. She ate and then we rocked but only to a minimum!!! i Did not want to put her to sleep rocking. We then went to her room and I told her that she was a big girl and that it was time for her to sleep in her big girl bed. She just looked at me with those eyes and gosh the tears were flowing in my eyes I have to admit and she had not even cried yet. So we turned on the mobile and she was fine for about 8 minutes and then she realized that we were not in there and that we were not going to come and get her and she began to cry. =( She cried for about 12 minutes and then went to sleep. She then woke up and cried for about 10 more minutes....then I would say she was sleeping like a baby...Ok that is when it got traumatic for me...I was constantly telling Morgan that he needed to go and check on her and make sure that she is ok...yes the monitor is on and I can here that she is not crying but I am seriously stressed that she is not going to be sleeping right next to me in her cradle and that she is not within reaching distance. YIKES!!!!! OK so we finally get ready for bed and I have asked Morgan one more time to go and check on her, bless his heart he goes with no problem because he can see the stress in my eyes...He comes back and says she is fine and she will be fine with a big hug!!! I needed that more than he will ever know. OK now we are in shock because it is 10:20 and we are ready for bed, Mary Morgan is sleeping in her bed, we are not having to whisper, and there are no extra lights on in our room that I always have on so that I can see her. The night ends with prayers to keep her safe and for this to be a good night for all of us and my precious husband saying "I forgot what it was like to sleep in the dark, good night I love you".


So I must say that I think that it went well. Thanks to all for the advice and help. I could not have done it without it!!!


Love-


Jennye Lynne

3 comments:

Christi said...

Congratulations! Looks like she did great!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Okay, I don't know if you realize this, but only crying for a total of 20 minutes has to be the world record for the shortest amount of time for a five week old to cry before falling asleep on her own. Not to mention in a NEW room and bed! AND sleeping through the WHOLE night! Y'all are blessed, let me tell you!! I know it was hard, but great job! :-)

P.S- Don't get worried if tonight she crys for a little longer, or other things go a little differently; it doesn't necessarily go the same way every night. She's just testing y'all....just stick to your guns until you get her into a consistent routine!

The Segrest Family said...

JL! im just now getting caught up on my blogging, so im way behind on the 'sleeping in the bed for the first time' thing! you are doing a great job! it is really hard to let them cry - but just remember, she will NOT remember this! she will love you and not hold it against you =) it is scary being a mom isnt it? you worry that if they are not in your arms, they are in harms way and something will happen...
i have to remind myself that no matter how far away i am from camp, the Lord is ALWAYS closer to him than i will ever be - and that HE is sovereign... and that camp is HIS! that makes me feel ALOT better... no matter where you are, the Lord is always there with Mary Morgan to keep her safe!
keep plugging along... crying is good for her lungs - just know when too much is too much (for you and her both ) and do what is right and works for y'all - don't worry about what worked for everyone else =)
just like every mommy is different, so is every baby...
you are doing great and she is SO BEAUTIFUL!