Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SICK BABY!!!!

Ok so most of you already know that we have been fighting something since last tuesday. On and off fever, a cough that is aweful, runny nose, and just a fussy baby. Well last wednesday we went to the doctor and they told me that she was teething...ok I will take that....give tylenol and motrin around the clock and we should be good....well no not really....Friday cough and nose got worse and fever still lingering around 101. I call the nurse can she told me this was teething and that I could try benadryl to see if that was any help. Lets just say it was NO HELP and Mary Morgan is still miserable and I have to admit that Morgan and I were just as frustrated...nothing we did gave any relief!!!! So I call the Nurse back and she told me the give her Dimmatapp.....no help either and she can not breathe. Tuesday I am over it and exhausted so I call the doctor and say that we must be seen. I think that she thought that I was nuts until we get there MMM's chest x-ray look nasty.....lungs sound aweful...we have labs drawn....and an RSV test done....now that is when I got scared......RSV i know that stuff is bad and can make a baby really sick.....We have to wait 15 long and nerve racking minutes for the RSV test to come back......Finally some good news when the doctor came back in.....NO RSV but there is something going on with her lungs....so we are on breathing treatments 2x's a day and couch meds.....Let me just say that a 7 month old baby does not like to be held down so that the mask sits on her face and she actually breathes in the meds. I hope that none of you ever have to do this. Hopefully we should see results in about 2-3 days!!! Pray that this gets this baby better!!!!! We are just ready for our sick baby to feel better!!!! Hope you are all doing well!!!
Kassi I am soooo sorry to miss your party but I hear that you had a blast!!!! Hope you understand!!!
Update you later....
Mardis Family

1 comment:

The Segrest Family said...

awwwwwwwww poor baby! and poor mama and daddy! i know that is not fun! my sister has to give her kids breathing treatments all the time and it is no fun!
and by the way... thanks for being a great nurse! you and lynn are too sweet to put up with my psycho self!!!!! i am doing okay... just ready to be OFF the crutches and back to walking and taking care of my babies =)
hope MM is feeling better really soon!