Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Sweetest Moments!!!

The past few weeks have been full of change but have been so much fun. Ever since we went to the doctor for our 9 month check up she has not had a bite of baby food. It is like she will not even think about eating off of a spoon. The only exception to that rule is APPLESAUCE!!! She is just getting big so fast. I have to say that I feel like I am running out of ideas for her menu wise so if you have any ideas please feel free to share. Things that she loves to eat....Strawberries, cinnamon toast, peaches, pears, applesauce, french fries, chicken, any vegetables, and yes i am typing correctly fried catfish. We went to Cock of the Walk and OH MY she just ate and ate. Things that she will not eat....Gerber Meat Sticks...this was funny she put one in her mouth shook her head spit it out and looked at me like did you really just give that to me. The funny thing is that she will eat a hot dog. I did not ever try the meat sticks but I have to say that they did not look good to me either. The transition to WHOLE milk has been so easy and now for an entire week we are just getting whole milk. She loves it and she actually takes more of it than she did of formula. So this is a question for you moms out there. We are still not really liking or knowing what to do with a sippy cup yet....anyone else having this same problem. Any suggestions????? I hope that you all had a wonderful first mothers day. The first picture below was my gift on mothers day. We had been trying to teach MMM how to give a kiss and she was just on my shoulder and I said can you give mom a kiss and she just got it. She would lean over to one side give a kiss,laugh, and then go to the other side and give another...This was precious and I will never forget this.


This is Mary Morgan pushing her walking toy. She loves it when she does not go to fast and it gets too far out in front of her. She gets so excited when she gets it going. SO this past Sunday we were playing in the floor before we went to church and she stood up and I told her to come here and see mama and OH MY she did it!!!! THREE steps and then she did it again for Morgan!!! I scared her to death with my squeal but i just could not believe my eyes and today she has taken as many as FIVE steps at a time. I just can not believe that she is about to start walking!!! Look out world here I come!!!!
Our pool opened last weekend and we were really excited to go and see how MMM did but we had 103.2 fever and were at the after hours pediatric clinic. She had a ear infection in that left ear so you know that water was not something that they recommended. Finally on Monday when the antibiotic started to work she perked up a bit.. We went to the pool and she had fun. Are those glasses not just so funny! She wore them the entire time. I actually think that she likes wearing them.
This is the picture of the week!!!!
We hope that you all have a great week!!!
Until next time,
The Mardis Family




3 comments:

Phoebe said...

congrats on walking! NUBY brand sippy cups are the only ones Lucy Neal will drink out of. They come in 2 packs at target or at the end of the aisle at walmart (between the diapers and highchairs)

Kelly Kennedy said...

I love the kissing pic. So sweet!!!

Sally said...

We are good! Barely keeping my head above water but good! Looks like yall are great Mary Morgan is too cute! Can't believe how tiny she is, my two month old will soon pass her!